They say the best things in life are free and that’s certainly true in Tropical North Queensland!
- Here’s some great things to do that won’t cost you a cent.
- There are hundreds of gorgeous beaches all along the coast where you can spend all day swimming, sunbaking or playing a classic game of beach cricket.
- Head to one of national parks in Tropical North Queensland, which are threaded with a huge network of walking trails taking you through lush rainforest, past sparkling volcanic crater lakes and to stunning lookouts.
- Tropical North Queensland is famous for its waterfalls and swimming holes, so spend some time splashing around in the crystal-clear water.
- Jump behind the wheel and see where the road takes you. There are a number of beautiful drives in the region, like the Great Barrier Reef Drive from Cairns to Port Douglas, the Waterfall Circuit through the Atherton Tablelands and the Canecutter Way through rolling sugarcane fields.