A weekend festival celebrating the legendary barramundi, live blues music with Ash Grunwald headlining, the fabulous Emily Wurramara will be there as well as Tim Griffin and Split Image.
They are also officially opening the Les Wilson Barramundi Discovery Centre, the brand-new iconic tourist attraction. This annual event is the first of its kind for the very remote location in Queensland’s Gulf country.
There will be lots of activities on the Sunday:
- free morning yoga session from 10-11am
- market stalls
- free hourly guided Barramundi Centre tours and feeding (normally $20)
- artist workshops – songwriting and guitar playing
- Big Barra BBQ
- Performance by Karumba State school
- outdoor screening of the legendary movie ‘The Blues Brothers’, come dressed up – best costumes will be rewarded! From 6.30pm
Concert Tickets on sale now through the website www.barracentre.com.au
07 4745 2211
Karumba Barra & Blues Festival
Les Wilson Barramundi Centre 149 Yappar Street
Accessible facilities available. Please contact operator for specific details.
Originally from Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, growing up Emily loved hearing her uncles sing, but also realised that women from her community rarely sang in public. Wanting to inspire and empower members of her community, especially young Indigenous women, to find their voice, Emily sings original music both in English and Anindilyakwa.See more videos