The final days of the Cooktown Expo 2020 feature the Endeavour Festival. Exciting things to see include:
- Cooktown to the Cape Boat, Fishing and Marine Environment Expo
- Naval display, navigation, cartography, astrology workshops
- Live performance and re-enactment of the landing of Captain Cook and his interactions with the Guugu Yimithirr bama
- Endeavour River music and botanic discovery cruise
- Fishing competitions
- Fish markets
- Marine showcase
- Rivers and sea to plate cooking demonstrations, lunch and dinners
- Smoking ceremony and farewell HM Bark Endeavour replica
Cooktown Expo 2020 feature three festivals, the other two are:
July 17 – 19, Reconciliation Rocks Music Festival
Recognising our shared history through music, song, and dance and feature national and local Indigenous and non-Indigenous artists.
August 1-4, Endeavour Festival
Highlights navigation, botany, astronomy, cartography, aviation, the Endeavour Ball and Re-enactment of Cook’s landing in 1770 and farewell of the Endeavour Replica.
While you're here
Ready to tackle one of Australia’s most remote landscapes, Cape York? Just you, a car and 1,200km of untamed, World Heritage-listed, 180 million year-old rugged rainforest beauty – aka The Tip.Cape York is Calling: Planning a Trip to the Tip
From scenic flights over the Great Barrier Reef and the tropical rainforest to flying to an ancient aboriginal rock art site or undertaking an epic helicopter pub crawl, take to the sky on your Tropical North Queensland adventure.Top Scenic Flights
Cooktown Discovery Festival Highlights Reel from 2018!
119 days to the 2019 Cooktown Discovery Festival.... the countdown is officially on! Join us for some new events, new workshops and a few surprises as well as our all time favorite events! #cooktowndiscoveryfestival #itsliveinqueensland #tourismtropicalnorthqueensland #capeyorkPosted by Cooktown Discovery Festival on Thursday, February 14, 2019
See the highlights from the 2018 Discovery Festival in Cooktown.
Learn more about the Cooktown Expo 2020Visit Website