The Tropical Journeys Great Barrier Reef Marathon Festival is rapidly becoming one of the ‘must do’ events on the Australian Running Calendar. Hosted in the tropical oasis of Port Douglas in Tropical North Queensland, the Festival offers something for everyone; and, the icing on the cake… you get to recover right here in paradise.
Tropical Journeys Great Barrier Reef Marathon Festival
Port Douglas Esplanade Port Douglas
QLD 4877, Australia
Accessible facilities available. Please contact operator for specific details.
There are distances ranging from the gruelling 42km Adventure Marathon to a 2km Junior Challenge, it’s the perfect opportunity to get a group of mates together or gather the family and come and Race, Stay and Play in Port Douglas. All distances start on the flat, compact sands of Four Mile Beach – some on sunrise and the colours of the sun rising over the Coral Sea sets the tone for the rest of the run.
- 42.195km Steve Moneghetti Adventure Marathon
- 21.095km Sheraton Mirage Resort Half Marathon
- 10km Newsport Daily
- 5km Calypso Fun Run
- 2km Star FM Junior Challenge
- Parking is available at Reynolds Park on the corner of Davidson Street & Blake Street in Port Douglas. Overflow parking is located at the Port Douglas Sports & Recreation Centre and the Community Centre on Mowbray Street.
- Bags may be left at the Registration / Information Stand with the volunteer staff at own risk.
- A team of highly qualified doctors and nurses make up the St Johns First Aid team and are on course, at the finish line and on the Esplanade to assist runners injured or in distress due to illness.
- More details can be found on the event website.
Sneak a peek at what you can expect at the Great Barrier Reef Marathon!
From Four Mile Beach to the trails of the rainforest and back through the streets of Port Douglas, this is a race to mark on your calendar.
Explore Port Douglas’ award-winning restaurants and fashion boutiques, stroll along the famous Four Mile Beach, or get out of town to discover the Daintree Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef, right on your doorstep.Find out more about Port Douglas