For those experienced OC1, OC2, V1, and Ski paddlers who like a challenge, come along and paddle in the 45km Iron race. Along the same spectacular Yorkeys Knob to Port Douglas coast, will be the 45km National Changeover Titles for our OC6 crews. This course gives all competitors a continuous downwind run and should make for some fast times and exciting racing. Crews should anticipate average race times of between three and five hours.
For a shorter race, we offer the Mini G starting near the Marlin Marina and finishing at Yorkeys Knob, approximately 18kms. This race is perfect for all paddling abilities, offering novices and Under 19’s a chance to feel for the GBROC experience. It is open to OC6 crews, OC1, OC2, V1, Ski and SUP board paddlers. This race is also a downwind run and should take between one to two hours to complete.
- Saturday 2nd June 2018 – Mini G – approximately 18kms
- Saturday 2nd June 2018 – Junior and senior novice sprints & club reply
- Sunday 3rd June 2018 – GBROC 45km Iron and OC6 National Changeover Titles
- The race program will run on time, or at the discretion of the Race Director.
- The Race Director will not wait for crews to get to the Start Line.
- If the weather deems it necessary it is at the race director’s discretion to change the course.
- Course distance may be varied according to weather conditions and start times may change. Please ensureyou check with race officials on the day and attend all race briefings prior to the event.
- AOCRA Regatta rules will apply. Support boats will be at a ratio as prescribed in the AOCRA regatta rules.
- AOCRA National Regatta rules will apply to the National OC6 Changeovers Titles.