As part of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games, Cairns will host Festival 2018, a bold arts and cultural 12-day program designed to galvanise the region, inspire audiences and celebrate the games.
A key element of the program will be a Live Site on the Cairns Esplanade where residents and visitors can watch the games live on big screens and enjoy free live performances. The Live Site will reflect the region, beautiful natural environment, cultural diversity and unique Indigenous history.
07 4050 7715
Cairns Esplanade Western Event Lawn Esplanade
QLD 4870, Australia
Accessible facilities available. Please contact operator for specific details.
Festival 2018 features a mix of free music concerts, performances, and visual arts designed to surprise and delight audiences of all ages across 12 days in April.
- Live Site – 12 days from 10 ’til 10, from Wednesday 4 April to Sunday 15 April Cairns Esplanade is the place to be. Enjoy the best in live music, sport on the big screens and food and drinks at the al fresco dinning area.
- Exhibitions – presented by Cairns Art Gallery – Monday-Friday 9-5pm, Saturday 10am-5pm, Sunday 10am-2pm
Live Site Music
Headline acts only:
- Wed 4 April – Bullhorn 7:10pm
- Thur 5 April – Amy Shark 8:30pm
- Fri 6 April – The Montogomery Brothers 8:30pm
- Sat 7 April – Drewboy and the Sax Addicts 8:30pm
- Sun 8 April – Archie Roach 7:30pm
- Mon 9 April – Leanne Tennant & Band 8:30pm
- Tues 10 April – King Social 8:30pm
- Wed 11 April – Melanfunk Collective 8:30pm
- Thur 12 April – Kate Miller-Heidke with string quartet 8:30pm
- Fri 13 April – Handles 9pm
- Sat 14 April – Mau Power 9pm
- Sun 15 April – The Cat Empire 7:30pm
View the online program for Festival 2018
Find out more about Festival 2018Visit the website