As host of Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games basketball heats, Cairns will be front and centre when the action GC2018 action starts in April 2018. Whether you want to flirt with adventure or be enchanted by exotic experiences, Cairns has it all.
During the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games preliminary rounds of the men’s and women’s Basketball competition will be held at the Cairns Convention Centre.
Event Dates and Times
- Thursday 5th April – 6.30pm-11pm: Jamaica v India and New Zealand v Malaysia (Both Women’s Preliminary)
- Friday 6th April – 5.30pm-10pm: Australia v Canada and Nigeria v New Zealand (Both Men’s Preliminary)
- Saturday 7th April – 11.30am-4pm: New Zealand v Jamaica (Women’s Preliminary) and Canada v Nigeria (Men’s Preliminary)
- Saturday 7th April – 6.30pm-11pm: Malaysia v India (Women’s Preliminary) and New Zealand v Australia (Men’s Preliminary)
- Sunday 8th April – 5.30pm-10pm: India v New Zealand and Jamaica v Malaysia (Both Women’s Preliminary)
- Monday 9th April – 6.30pm-11pm: Canada v New Zealand and Australia v Nigeria (Both Men’s Preliminary)
- Tuesday 10th April – 5.30pm-10pm: Qualifying Finals (Two games – Men’s Quarter-final)
- Please note that times are subject to change.
- Tickets are priced at $15.00 for children and $30.00 for adults.
- Cairns Convention Centre has a capacity of 5,000.
- Car parking will be limited, additional car parking available in city.
Welcome to Greatness
Learn more about the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Get your tickets for the Commonwealth Games Basketball Ball heats online now!